Your energy adviser rang my gas/electricity provider and got my standing charges reduced per month. I was over £300 in credit and they hadn’t informed me.
Beat the Cold advisors provide a first class, invaluable service for residents living across Staffordshire. Likely topics during a telephone call or a conversation may include:
- Applying for free or low-cost insulation;
- Using your heating system the best way – to reduce cost and waste;
- Paying for fuel – finding the best tariff and switching companies;
- The Warm Home Discount and Priority Service Registers;
- Fuel debt;
- Improving energy efficiency;
- Referral to agencies that specialise in checking benefits;
- Renewables, such as solar pv, solar thermal, heat pumps; and the ways to make them pay.
Home Energy Advice and Support Visit
All visits are by appointment only. Advisers are trained to give energy advice; they follow agency policies on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults; and they are all subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Support goes beyond advice, and can include:
- Looking for the best way to pay for fuel that suits the household;
- Checking meter readings and bills;
- Negotiating with fuel companies over debts and payments;
- Referral to other schemes;
- Getting all the paperwork together and helping to write letters;
- Returning to check progress.